Friday, March 27, 2009

If the Economy Broke Down in Texas

I was just listening to an interview with Congressman Ron Paul about fixing the economy. Ron Paul was a presidential candidate for the Republicans, and he is from Texas (just for background).

I immediately started getting a headache listening to him talk about how banks should have to keep cash on hand to cover 100% of their deposits, I thought "I have felt headaches like this before, where was that?" Then I remembered. When your motorcycle engine breaks down and you take it to a mechanic in a strange town that you have never gone to before. Then he starts to explain to you what is wrong, and it goes against everything I know about motorcycle engines.

The water pump is broken somewhere in Texas, the engine has overheated, steam all over the place, almost seized solid (like the economy). The mechanic, let's call him Ron Paul, says "I see you got one of them there Jap junk watercooled bikes."

I say, "Actually, it's German, but can you fix it?"

He says, "You should have bought an air cooled bike like a Harley and you wouldn't have those problems."

I say, "Watercooling is much better than air cooling because I can run at high speed all day long without seizing the engine, and it produces a lot more power and runs more efficiently."

He say "You shouldn't be running at high speed, and you should stay off the dagnab interstate. And you should stop every hour and let it cool off. Anyhow air cooling is better than watercooling, that's why airplanes have air cooling. All our world war 2 airplanes had air cooling."

I say "But airplanes never have to idle in traffic and they always have a steady supply of high speed air. And anyway, there were lots of airplanes in WW2 that had water cooling, for example the P51. Maybe you're thinking of WW1."

He says "NO you're completely wrong, the P51 was garbage because of it's water cooling. It would have been a much better airplane if it had an air cooled engine. The mechanics just couldn't work on that thing, all the pilots were afraid of them."

I say "Maybe I better take my bike someplace else, it seems to have cooled off a little."

He says "My brother Jethro Paul has a good garage just down the road about 2 miles."

I say "Is there a drug store with aspirins between here and there?"

The picture is of my BMW in Texas, the steam is photoshopped. I never have had a problem with watercooling on any of my bikes, the story is made up out of pieces of other incidents and some pure fabrication.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww ... don't be so hard on poor old Ron Paul.

    Anybody who advocates abolition of the FBI and the CIA can't be all bad, can they?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He also said in that interview he would legalize Marijuana and bring all the troops home immediately.

    ReplyDelete