Monday, November 16, 2009

My Blog Gets a New Look

The blog is almost a year old now. I am marking the occasion by updating the banner picture. It used to be my Vulcan parked on a beach. Now I have an artistic picture I call "Sunset at Tim Horton's". I caught the reflection of the setting sun in the engine side cover of the Vulcan, with the Tim Horton's sign next to it. And because I had just cleaned the engine, the reflection is almost like a mirror.

I have also changed my profile picture because I got tired of Google chopping my head off when the picture appeared in comments. And I fixed up my comment name to match my blog name of "Lost Motorcyclist".

I am going to leave the rest about the same. During the year, my average daily hits have gone from about 0 to now about 15-20. This I think is mostly because Google's top secret indexing scheme seems to rank some of my blogs quite high on the search index. For example my blog "Battle of the plains of Abraham" (with and without quotes) ranks second on Google after Wikipedia. But comes ahead of MacLean's magazine, and ahead of the Canadian Military Museum, and the Canadian encyclopedia. To name only three of the 2,000,000 plus competing pages. And several other pages have a high Google ranking too, for example "street scrambler" motorcycles.

2 comments: