Thursday, November 12, 2009

Friday 13th Port Dover

Tomorrow is Friday 13th, and there might be a lot of motorcycles going to Port Dover. In case you didn't know: (A) Friday 13th is an unlucky day for the superstitious. (B) Every Friday 13th, many motorcyclists defy certain death by going to Port Dover on their bikes

I always knew Friday 13th was an unlucky day, because my father was born on a Friday, (actually November) 13th, and he was very sensitive about this unlucky occurrence. Every unlucky thing in his life could be somehow traced back to this event.

I am not superstitious, and maybe that's one of the reasons why. But if I happen to die in a traffic accident tomorrow, on my way to Port Dover, it's probably just a coincidence anyway, don't worry about it. If I don't, I could still die of a sugar overdose at the Apple Fritter place near the river channel. But that will not be a curse, it will be deliberate.

Next, I want to make an award for the Blog of the Day. This for Erin Easley who wrote a blog on Nov 10 commenting on Mark Steyn's anti-Muslim propaganda. In retaliation, Mark has linked to her from his website as the "Reader of the Day", and as usual his legions of devoted followers follow the link, and leave comments on Erin's blog to set her straight, letting her know just how ignorant she is, and how brilliant Mark is. I'm sure she doesn't even know who Mark is, because she apparently wrote these well crafted words:

"Fortunately I've had the pleasure of never reading Mark Steyn until now"

http://erine-closereadingnyc.blogspot.com/2009/11/steyn-rant.html


Actually I found Erin had been quite mild in her criticism of Mark's writing style. When I was bashing Mark at around the time I was given Mark's Reader of the Day award, I had gone much further, calling his writing garbage and referring to Mark as a Nazi.

http://lostmotorcycles.blogspot.com/2009/04/why-i-blog-about-propaganda-and.html

Picture: I photoshopped a Friday 13th reaper image I found on the internet onto a still from the movie "Yes Man", with Zoey Deschanel riding an Aprilia Mojito scooter. Then I added the words November 2009 myself.

1 comment:

  1. Golly ... one baits those right wingers at one's peril!

    How about, '[Erin] you are likely lost ... lost to the nihilist vacuum of multiculti Marxist critical theory relativism.

    Sheesh! Being accused of being relativist is bad enough, but of being lost in the vacuum of multiculti - that sounds pretty ominous to me :-(

    Ah, well, the 'good news' is that the weather forecast for Port Dover today is "Sunny, high of 12°" ... lots of bikers will defying certain death today!

    ReplyDelete